INFORMATION ABOUT THE OBJECT
It is one of the largest Orthodox churches of Russia.
The temple was built in 2000 — 2003 on a place where in the night of July 16 for July 17, 1918 the last Russian emperor Nicholas II and his family were shot.
Consecration of the temple took place on July 16, 2003.
The temple represents a five-dome construction, its high is 60 meters and its total area is 3000 m². The architecture of a construction is sustained in the Russian-Byzantine style. In such style the vast majority of churches during Nicholas II's reign was under construction. On a plan of architects it has to symbolize link of times, revival of orthodox tradition. The complex includes two temples: lower and top.
At the moment Church on Blood represents not only the operating cathedral, but also a museum complex.